Paul McCartney / Unplugged & More Ultimate Archive / 3CD / Moonchild Records
Recorded live at Limehouse Television Studios, Wembley, UK. 25 January 1991
As the title suggests, it’s unplugged and more, so in addition to the full version of the MTV unplugged concert, a set of 3 tracks that accompanies it!
On January 25, 1991, Paul McCartney and his band held an intimate concert at Wembley’s Limehouse Television Studios with about 200 spectators. This concert was filmed and recorded by Bruce Gowers as an unplugged concert series on television station MTV. The show was recorded in two and a half hours (including breaks), of which 48 minutes were edited for the actual television show and aired on April 3, 1991 in the United States and August 26, 1991 in the United Kingdom. ..
A live album was produced from this show, which will be the first unplugged album. After that, other artists such as Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen and Nirvana will appear one after another. Unplugged (The Official Bootleg) was initially released as a limited edition with 250,000 vinyl records and less than 1 million CDs worldwide. This work was produced mainly from the complete recording version of the incomplete album. All songs are recorded using the best available sources, the song order is correct, and there are no editing defects! And it is a volume of 3 discs that also includes rehearsal sound sources, etc., and it is full of great deals! Reliable press CDs are very popular.
● Track 1-17 Unplugged (The Official Bootleg) Released on May 20, 1991 (UK) and June 4, 1991 (US).
● Track 18-20 Originally, “Biker Like An Icon” was scheduled to be released on April 26, 1993 as the third British single from Off the Ground. The CD single included an outtake of MTV Unplugged, with three live tracks playing together. A promo was sent to the radio station, but the actual single did not come true.
● Track 21 We Can Work It Out (edit)-Another edit recorded in a compilation by various American artists called “The Unplugged Collection”. It is included in the compilation “The Unplugged Collection: Volume 1” released on December 1, 1994.
● Track 1 Paul Talks About’Unplugged’-Paul’s interview footage shot as part of the press screening of the “Unplugged” promotion at Westcliff-on-Sea on July 19th. It was cut separately in Japanese TV broadcasting.
● Track 2 ―― 13 A few weeks before recording, the show was rehearsed at Paul’s The Barn At The Mill in Sussex. About 70 titles were tried. The songs introduced here were used in the radio program “Obu Jobu”.
A series broadcast in March and April 1995.
● Track 14 “Oobu Joobu Theme (edit) Probably recorded in February 1989
● Track15-22 unplugged full version
A complete version that has been carefully reconstructed, such as a replay due to a camera malfunction and Paul forgetting the lyrics of “We Can Work it Out” and starting over! Continue to CD3.
● Track 1-14 Unplugged Complete Edition Part 2
● Track 15 –Things We Said Today (banded)
● Track 16 –Midnight Special (banded)
It is included in the CD single “Biker Like an Icon” released in mainland Europe on November 28, 1993.
● Track 17 –Down To The River –Recorded a live performance in Falconer, Copenhagen, Denmark during the unplugged tour on July 24, 1991.
tk-01 : BE-BOP-A-LULA
tk-02 : I LOST MY LITTLE GIRL
tk-03 : HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE
tk-04 : BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY
tk-05 : WE CAN WORK IT OUT
tk-06 : SAN FRANCISCO BAY BLUES
tk-07 : I’VE JUST SEEN A FACE
tk-08 : EVERY NIGHT
tk-09 : SHE’S A WOMAN
tk-10 : HI-HEEL SNEAKERS
tk-11 : AND I LOVE HER
tk-12 : THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING
tk-13 : BLACKBIRD
tk-14 : AIN’T NO SUNSHINE
tk-15 : GOOD ROCKIN’ TONIGHT
tk-16 : SINGING THE BLUES
tk-17 : JUNK
tk-18 : THINGS WE SAID TODAY
tk-19 : MEAN WOMAN BLUE
tk-20 : MIDNIGHT SPECIAL
tk-21 : WE CAN WORK IT OUT [EDIT]
tk-01 : PAUL TALKS ABOUT ‘UNPLUGGED’
tk-02 : THINGS WE SAID TODAY [REHEARSAL] tk-03 : BLACKBIRD, BLUE MOON OF LENINGRAD, SHE’S A WOMAN [REHEARSAL] tk-04 : SHE’S A WOMAN [REHEARSAL] tk-05 : CUT ACROSS SHORTY [REHEARSAL] tk-06 : ROCK ISLAND LINE [REHEARSAL] tk-07 : HI-HEEL SNEAKERS [REHEARSAL] tk-08 : LOVE ME TENDER [REHEARSAL] tk-09 : I’VE JUST SEEN A FACE [REHEARSAL] tk-10 : CUMBERLAND GAP [REHEARSAL] tk-11 : FROGGIE WENT A-COURTIN’ [REHEARSAL] tk-12 : TEQUILA [REHEARSAL] tk-13 : MIDNIGHT SPECIAL [REHEARSAL] tk-14 : OOBU JOOBU THEME [EDIT] tk-15 : INTRODUCTION
tk-16 : MEAN WOMAN BLUES
tk-17 : MATCHBOX
tk-18 : MIDNIGHT SPECIAL
tk-19 : I LOST MY LITTLE GIRL
tk-20 : HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE
tk-21: SAN FRANCISCO BAY BLUES
tk-22 : WE CAN WORK IT OUT [TAKES 1 + 2] tk-23 : WE CAN WORK IT OUT [TAKE 3] tk-24 : BLUE MOON OF KENTUCKY
tk-25 : I’VE JUST SEEN A FACE
tk-26 : EVERY NIGHT
tk-01 : BE-BOP-A-LULA
tk-02 : SHE’S A WOMAN
tk-03 : AND I LOVE HER
tk-04 : THE FOOL
tk-05 : THINGS WE SAID TODAY
tk-06 : THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING
tk-07 : BLACKBIRD
tk-08 : HI-HEEL SNEAKERS
tk-09 : GOOD ROCKIN
Moonchild Records. MC-247